While we’re taking the week off from CSF delivery, that doesn’t mean you don’t want to still cook and eat seafood! The fishermen are back out hauling crab gear after the long holiday weekend. A fresh delivery of crab will be coming in soon and we’ll have it cracked and cleaned and ready for you! Head to our webstore to order.
You’ll find the recipe below, but I encourage you to head to Chez US for more beautiful photos and great commentary (not to mention a trove of other excellent recipes!)
30 minPrep Time
15 min Cook Time
45 min Total Time
Serves 3 – 4
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed to a paste
- 2 tablespoons Preserved Lemon Harissa or regular Harissa
- 2 dungeness crabs – have your fish monger clean and crack
- In a small saucepan combine the olive oil and butter gently heat over very low until the butter melts.
- Stir in the garlic and the harissa and cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Scatter the crab over a baking sheet and pour half of the butter mixture over the top. Mix together using your hands.
- Place into the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove and place onto a serving platter and pour the remains sauce over the top.
Serve with butter pasta and a green salad.